Registration and Cosplay & Weapons Procedures 2011
GeekGirlCon is almost here! These guidelines will help to make GeekGirlCon a fun and safer place for all attendees.
Registration is located in the Lobby of the Northwest Rooms.
- Pre-purchased passes require an ID (driver’s license, state/federal ID card, passport, or school ID) or proof of purchase either from BrownPaperTickets or a local shop to pick up badge(s). ID or proof of purchase confirms pass purchase and omits the chance of duplicate badge pickup.
- Minors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult (18+) on-site during the convention. Badges for minors will only be obtained with ID and signature of on-site adult.
- Attendees under 10 are admitted for free with the purchase of an adult pass.
- CASH ONLY. Passes can only be purchased at the door with cash. Checks or credit cards will not be accepted for walk-up pass sales.
- GeekGirlCon registration hours are: Saturday 9:30am-6pm and Sunday from 9:30am-2pm. Badges are not available for pickup outside of these hours.
Cosplay & Weapons Rules/Guidelines
GeekGirlCon encourages, supports, and even participates in cosplay. We do have a few guidelines for our cosplayers.
- Outfits must be street legal and cover everything covered by a bikini or briefs. This means no pasties and no g-strings or thongs unless worn over leggings or dance tights. GeekGirlCon is a family-friendly convention, and if an outfit does not conform to our guidelines, cosplayers may be asked to cover up. Rules apply to both women and men.
- No real weapons. The Seattle Center, EMP Museum, and GeekGirlCon prohibit the possession and use of weapons on the premises.
- All swords, daggers, or similar items must be kept sheathed at all times.
- Any replica weapons must be clearly identifiable as fake from at least 10 feet away. All fake firearms must have an orange safety tip. Functional fake projectile weapons (think Nerf guns) must be disabled and unloaded.
- All weapons must be peace bonded at registration or at the information booth. Zip ties will be added identifying weapons to staff and attendees as safe and approved.
- Aiming, brandishing, pointing, etc, any and all weapons at other attendees is not permitted. In the case of minor issues, weapons will be held at the info booth until the end of the day. In the event of severe infractions, attendees may be asked to leave.
Pre-convention inquiries can be sent via email to Rose email@example.com. On the day of the convention, please ask GeekGirlCon staff for assistance.
GeekGirlCon is looking forward to meeting all 2011 attendees.