Design Team seeks Intern!
The GeekGirlCon Design Team is currently seeking a self-motivated and reliable design intern to assist the team with the program booklet, as well as other projects that may come up between now and August. The design intern will be required to work at least 3-5 hours a week and will report directly to the Associate Design Managers.
- Assisting the Design Team with producing the GeekGirlCon ’12 program booklet
- Preflighting print and digital ads (providing quality control to ensure all files contain correct elements for production)
- Photo correction
- Assisting with data-merge documents
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge about design elements such as color, composition, and typography
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, InDesign)
- Preflighting experience (ideal but not required)
- Performs well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both visually and verbally
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to take art direction and work with both a team and independently
- A degree in design would be helpful, but experience is a must
GeekGirlCon asks that candidates are from the Seattle area, although we appreciate support from all parts of the globe. Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only candidates with a portfolio will be considered for the position. Thank you!