05.11.12 // Seeking Merchandise Coordinator!
The Merchandise Coordinator works directly with the Associate Design Manager and is responsible for the manufacturing and sales of GeekGirlCon merchandise.
Description: The Merchandise Coordinator makes sure GeekGirlCon customers have a diverse selection of GeekGirlCon branded merchandise available for sale at the convention, events, and in our online shop. Acts as the procurer, designer, custodian, and retailer of all GeekGirlCon merchandise. Reports to Design Manager.
• Communicates with vendors and manages deadlines for the manufacture of GeekGirlCon endorsed apparel, etc.
• Grows relationships with local vendors for future GeekGirlCon needs.
• Manages and tracks inventory; reorders as needed.
• Analyzes GeekGirlCon’s market for improvements to merchandise selection.
• Manages online shops for GeekGirlCon logoed merchandise as well as geek-themed products.
• Sets up and manages the merchandise table at GeekGirlCon-related events throughout the year.
• Attention to detail and an eye for quality.
• Ability to manage projects unassisted.
• Strong knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• High degree of flexibility and initiative.
• Knowledge of retail pricing structures is a plus.
• Must live in the Seattle or surrounding area, as duties often include setting up at local events.
• Knowledge of basic retail math and simple profit and loss reports.
If you think you or someone you know, would be a great fit for our Design Team, please direct all inquiries and resumes to Rachelle Abellar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note that GeekGirlCon and its staff is made up entirely of dedicated volunteers and this position is pro-bono.